- Most damages to instruments during shipping happen because they can move in the case. Make sure the instrument is packed securely in the case and can’t move in the case horizontally or vertically when the case is closed
and picked up. Tissue paper and thin bubble wrap work well to secure the instrument in the case but be sure to not put so much packing material in that the case has to be forced close.
- Wrap a few layers of bubble wrap around the case and secure with packing tape.
- Tissue paper and thin bubble wrap work well to secure the instrument in the case, but be sure to not put in so much packing material that the case has to be forced closed.
Find a box that will allow 2-3 inches of space around the entire perimeter of the wrapped case and pack fully with bubble wrap or paper. If the instrument moves when the box is picked up, more packing material
is needed. Remember to fill out and include the Customer Information Form (found at the bottom of this page) and enclose it in the box.
- Tape ALL seams with packing tape securely.
- Insure the instrument for its value if there is not a homeowner’s policy that will cover damages during shipping. On the return shipping, customers will be responsible for return shipping fees but Yahara River Woodwinds
will cover up to $10,000 if insurance is requested.
- Label the package clearly with the return address and Yahara River Woodwinds mailing address:
Yahara River Woodwinds
C/O Katy Hopkins
151 East Prospect St.
Stoughton, WI 53589
- For extra security, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an estimate of the package’s arrival and tracking number.
Download Customer Information Form (PDF)